GEOSPATIAL BIG DATA ANALYTICS
Convenor: Dr. Amiya Kumar Tripathi, Ms. Sana Shaikh
- Dr. Phiroj Shaikh - Head of Department, Department of Comp. Engg. Don Bosco Institute of Technology
- Mr. Imran Ali Mirza - IT Manager, Don Bosco Institute of Technology
Date: 25th - 29th July, 2022
Scheduled Time: 10:00 AM to 5.00 PM (25th - 29th July)
Keynote Address: July 25, 10.00 AM by Dr. Surya Durbha, IIT Bombay
Organized by: Department of Computer Engineering, Don Bosco Institute of Technology in association with IEEE-GRSS, Bombay
First International Conference on Advances in Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence Technologies (ACVAIT 2022)
We are elated to announce IEEE GRSS Sponsored Pre-Conference workshop on GeoSpatial Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (IEEE GRSS PAMI 2022) scheduled on 31st July 2022 in First International Conference on Advances in Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence Technologies (ACVAIT 2022), Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India.
Pre-Conference Workshop Topics are:
· Introduction to Machine Intelligence
· Satellite Image Segmentation & Classification
· Machine Intelligence in Planetary Data Processing
· Geospatial Intelligence in Agriculture
· Panel Discussion on Opportunities in Geospatial Technologies
(Research and Business Perspective)
The Registration Guidelines for the participants (Non Author)
* Step 1 : Please login to conference website
* Step 2 : Use your email and password provided by the site for successful login
* Step 3 : After successful login please click on Online Payment options present at top right menu options
* Step 4: Online Payment page will provide a drop-down for type of registrations wiz Conference attendee (Rs. 4000/-), Workshop Attendee (Rs 2000/-) and Conference+Workshop Attendee (Rs. 6000/-), Participants are advised to select the most appropriate registration type for making fees payment (please see here for fees and entitlements)
* Step 5 : You will be directed to page of Dr. B A M University online Payment Gateway where you can pay the amount using Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking / UPI (BHIM, GPay, PhonePe, WhatsApp, Paytm other UPI apps)
* Step 6 : Pay the amount shown in the green color button
* Step 7 : Upon Successful payment, the online receipt will be generated and the transaction will be completed.
In case of any assistance, please write to us as firstname.lastname@example.org
A Complete Machine Learning Bootcamp with Python
Title of Lecture: Learning Machine Learning
Expert: Dr. Sanjay Shitole - IEEE GRSS Member
Date: 20 June 2022
Expert Talks on One Earth: An Integrated Approach towards Climate Change Adaptations and mitigation using Geo-spatial Technology
Organizer: Amity School of Engineering and Technology, and Amity School of Applied Sciences, Amity University Mumbai
Coordinators: Dr. Sushree Sangita Mishra, Dr. Nilesh Wagh
Registration link: Click here
Mode of Conduction: Online, MS Teams joining link: Click here
The objective of these webinars is to discuss and critically analyse the climate change crisis and the consequences that our mother earth has been facing these years in terms of global warming, impact of water resources, emission of GHGs, adverse impact on agriculture etc. and the application of Geo -spatial technology i.e. Geographic Information System (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS) as a step towards the climate change adaptations. The academicians, research scholars, undergraduate and postgraduate students and professionals working on climate change and environmental impact will definitely be benefited by this event.
|Sr No||Name of Speaker||Title of Talk||Time|
|1||Dr. Sanjay Narayan Patil, Professor and Head, School of Environmental and Earth Sciences, North Maharashtra University||An Integrated Approach Towards Climate Change and Natural Resources Management: problems & Challenges||11 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.|
|2||Dr. Santosh Murlidhar Pingale, Scientist-C, National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee||Integrated Approaches & Efforts for Achieving Water Security & Environmental Management under Climate Change Scenarios||2.30 p.m. - 4 p.m.|
A National Level collaborative Indian Mapping Event
The data collected from various platforms have tremendous potential in mapping India’s resources, agriculture, climate and disaster management, rural and urban planning and in identifying pathways for future development. Such maps can be created using Free open Source platforms (such as QGIS). Let us join together to create such maps through the Mapathon.
What is Mapathon?
Mapathon is a map making competition for creating thematic maps. It is a collaborative event where participants come together to develop new tools/methods that improve the accuracy and usefulness of maps for a community. This event, organised jointly by IIT Bombay and AICTE invites all Indians nationals to develop maps from openly available geospatial datasets using Free Open Source Software (FOSS), for example QGIS, in order to foster large scale usage of maps in different thematic areas. It also aims to develop indigneous capacity to customize and employ mapping to resolve societal challenges and create new opportunities for young India.-. The primary objective is to understand the potential of open source mapping and maps for Indian regions and to build capacity for the same. The participants will collectively work in a crowd sourcing method for jointly producing thematic maps of India.
Eligibility to participate
All Indian Nationals
Team size and Composition
You can participate as an individual or as a team (max. 4 members + 1 mentor). Ideally, a team should have people with basic mapping expertise. The team can have a mentor (e.g. faculty, teacher, etc.), however the exercise should be done by the team. Mentors can mentor multiple teams.
Each participant/ mentor will be issued only one certificate.
Note: Problem statement to be decided based on data availability
- Mapping of natural resources/man-made features
- Natural Resources Change Detection
- LULC Change with hotspots using LULC maps from Bhuvan
- Flood Maps
- State-wise Health Care Indicators Maps
- Locust infestation / Stubble burning / Low lying areas / Low lying areas / Jhum Cultivation
- Road Network and Road Quality / Drainage Maps
- Land Degradation Maps
- Health infra, population, age group etc. for Vaccination
- Detection of change in Waterbodies / Reservoirs / Wetlands
- Crop / Plantation type map
- Amenities map
- Water source and quality mapping
- Population crowding/ traffic hotspots
- Network coverage maps
- Local markets/produce/employment maps
- Map of waste segregation and collection points
- Mapping places of cultural importance
- Choose your own topic
Data and Helpful Resources for Mapathon
The maps should be created at National/State/District level boundaries using ISRO data. For ISRO Data you may visit the following links:
ISRO Data downloading and access methods
- BHUVAN: https://youtu.be/GjaueiRlEU4
- VEDAS: https://youtu.be/Qy1hIu8FNQ8
- MOSDAC: https://youtu.be/q33C4PriTL0
Webinar on map making for MAPATHON competition
On the occasion of Azadi ka Mohostav and 25th year of UMIT, IT department of Usha Mittal Institute of Technology in collaboration with Geoscience and Remote Sensing Bombay Chapter organizing Webinar on map making using open source QGIS software.
Meeting link : https://meet.google.com/myn-
Date : 10/02/2022
Time : 2:00 - 4:00 PM
Symposium on Geospatial Intelligence
IEEE GRSS Bombay Chapter in collaboration with IEEE GRSS Kolkata Chapter is organizing a virtual symposium on “Geospatial Intelligence" on December 3-4, 2021
Registration is free !
Registration Link : Click here
Key Highlights of the Event
- Plenary and Invited Talks
- Industry Interaction
- Student’s Research Presentations
- Panel Discussion
Take away : Participation Certificate and Awards
This Symposium is extremely useful for faculty, Research Scholars, Students and Industry persons interested in Geospatial Domain.
Date : December 3 - 4, 2021
Day 1, Friday, December 3, 2021
|Fr. Mario Vaz, Dr. Prasanna. Nambiar, Dr. Avik Bhattacharya, Dr. B. Satyanarayana & Dr. Amiya Tripathy|
Keynote Talk - 1
Dr. Praveen Pankajakshan (12:30 to 1.15 pm)
VP Data Science and AI at Cropin, Bengaluru
Advancing AI culture for sustainable usage of land and resources
Break: 1:30 to 2:30 pm
Session 2 & 3
Dr. Suryakant Sawant (TCS Pune), 2:30-3:45 pm
Scalable Applications of Geospatial Technologies for Agriculture
Dr. Chandrakant Ojha, (IISER, Mohali), 4:00 -5:15 pm
Scope and Career Aspects in the field of Satellite Remote Sensing
Session 4 & 5
Dr. Kuldeep Kurte, 6:00 -7:00 pm
A scalable object detection workflow for remote sensing data: challenges, performance analysis and deployment
Dr. Paul Rosen (NASA) 7:15 to 7:35pm
GRSS global perspective
Day 2, Saturday, 4 December 2021
Dr. Leisa Armstrong, (ECU, Australia)
Remote Sensing and Digital Agriculture
Keynote Talk – 2: Dr. Ashish Ghosh, (ISI, Kolkata)
Machine Learning and Remotely Sensed Data Analysis
|Students’ Research & Development Presentation||Drought|
Dr. Surya. Durbha, (CSRE, IIT Bombay),
Semantics Enabled Framework for Mining Large Remote Sensing Data Archives
||Geo-Spatial Technology Applications: the Present and Future|
Dr. B.S. Daya Sagar, (ISI, Bengaluru)
Mathematical Morphology in Processing & Analysis of the Digital Elevation Models
Dr. Jaya Nair, (IIIT Bengaluru)
Deep Learning for Airborne LiDAR Point Cloud Analysis for Remote Sensing
|Concluding Discussion and awards|
Computational Intelligence in Remote Sensing
The Pattern Recognition Research group, Department of Computer Engineering, Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology, D. Y. Patil Deemed to be University, Nerul, Navi Mumbai is organizing an IEEE GRSS sponsored STTP on “Computational Intelligence in Remote Sensing”.
Date: 6th December 2021 - 11th Dec 2021
Timings: 11:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. & 1.30 P.M. to 4:45 P.M.
The STTP will involve online expert sessions and hands-on/demonstration sessions on current developments in computational intelligence trends in the remote sensing domain. Eminent speakers from ISRO, IITs, NITs, IIIT and Industries.
Mode of Conduction: Online
Registration Fees : Nil
URL for registration: Click here
Take away: E-Certificate to all the participants after successfully completing the STTP program.
Who can attend: Faculty, Research Scholar, Students and Industry persons.
Department of Civil Engineering and Department of Computer Science & Engineering presents MAPATHON, An online GIS workshop with hands on training on QGIS and Mapping Competition.
Date : 29th November 2021 - 1st December 2021
Day 1 - Inauguration & Workshop 1 (10:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.)
Day 2 - Workshop 2 (11:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.)
Day 3 - Mapathon Competition (11 A.M. - 3.30 P.M.)
Prizes : 1st Prize Rs.3000/-, 2nd Prize Rs.2000/-, 3rd Prize Rs.1000/-
Women as Leaders: Opportunities and Challenges
GREEN IT & IOT@ENVIRONMENT